Secondary Teaching Assistant
Magisters Education have recently partnered with a specialist school academy in Ilford. They are looking to appoint a Secondary Teaching Assistant to work on a full time basis to start asap. At Magisters Education we are passionate about all things education and understand the importance of working closely with our candidates and schools to ensure both receive the personal and efficient service they deserve.
About the school
- Caters for pupils between 11-19 years of age, providing a full range of highly differentiated and personalised classroom activities.
- Large number of teaching and support staff skilled in working with a range of SEN pupils with complex and profound needs.
- Class groups are organised into pupil groups of approximately 7 who are taught by a class teacher and supported by up to 4 Teaching Assistants.
- Pupils follow a highly differentiated and personalised curriculum which has been carefully designed to their academic and personal learning needs.
- Variety of ASDAN programmes are used alongside the curriculum to enable pupils to work towards different accreditation's as appropriate to their abilities.
- The school has an extensive range of teaching resources and specialist facilities .
- Work closely with professionals: therapists and specialist peripatetic teachers to create personalised learning.
About the role
- The Secondary Teaching Assistant role will be full-time Monday-Friday, 8.30am-3.30pm.
- Supporting teaching staff and working 1:1 to assist pupils to access the curriculum and participate fully in school activities.
- Training will be provided by experienced TAs and support staff, catering to each child.
- Provide support for pupils with PMLD/ASD, taking account of support plans and risk assessments under supervision of class teacher.
- Participate in planning and evaluation of classroom activities with teacher and provide ongoing feedback to teacher on pupil progress.
- Support pupils in their social development and emotional well-being.
- Experience working with PMLD and/or ASD/SLD desired.
- Understand how to work with pupils and build positive relationships with various pupils quickly and efficiently
- Love of education and the desire to make a positive impact on the lives of others
- Open to personal care
- Confident, proactive and enthusiastic person
- Good behaviour management skills
Think this is the job for you?
If you are interested in this role, please contact Fatima at Magisters Education on 07721557642 or simply click apply
- East London
- Magisters Education