- Salary £70.00 - £90.00
- Location Barking and Dagenham, London
- Type Temporary
HLTA (Higher Level Teaching Assistant)
About the Job
Magisters Education have partnered with a Primary School in Barking and Dagenham. We are looking to appoint a HLTA for an immediate start to join one of our partnership schools in Barking and Dagemham.
If you are interested in the position we can do the speedy clearing and clear you for work at the earliest possible. This is an exciting opportunity to join an OFSTED rated 'Outstanding' mainstream primary school..
The role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant will involve leading small intervention groups for English and Mathematics as well as the occasional requirements to cover planned absences within the school.
Higher level teaching assistants take additional responsibilities, such as:
* Teaching classes on your own
* Covering planned absences
* Managing other learning support staff
* Preparing the classroom for lessons and tidying it up afterwards
* Assisting with lesson plans
* Supporting children across the curriculum
* Providing extra assistance to children with special needs
* Recording and reporting a student's progress to the teacher
* Marking work
* Motivating and encouraging students
* Attending meetings
* Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly to teachers and students
* Active listening skills
* Compassion and sensitivity towards children
* Knowledge of the curriculum
* Ability to use a computer
* Can work well under pressure
* Ability to adapt to whatever the situation requires
* Maturity and professionalism
Please contact Spencer at Magisters Education if you are interested in hearing more about this HLTA role.
Apply to this job
Apply to this job