1:1 Teaching Assistant
Magisters Education have recently partnered with a primary school in Havering. They are looking to appoint a 1:1 Teaching Assistant to work on a full time basis to start asap. At Magisters Education we are passionate about all things education and understand the importance of working closely with our candidates and schools to ensure both receive the personal and efficient service they deserve.
About the role
- To support a nominated child under the overall direction of the SENDCO and Class teacher, and in partnership with an existing staff team.
- Your main focus will be working with children who need help with their learning development, so ideally you will need to have some background in supporting pupils within this field.
- Delivering a range of interventions tailored to the nominated child.
- The 1:1 Teaching Assistant role will be full-time Monday-Friday, 8.30am-3.30pm.
- Confident, proactive and enthusiastic person with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous child-centred experience with the primary age range.
- A background knowledge, experience and/or qualifications in ASD, preverbal children- desirable
- Experience using PECS, Makaton and attention autism would be advantageous.
- Understand how to work with pupils and build positive relationships with various pupils quickly and efficiently
- Love of education and the desire to make a positive impact on the lives of others
- Good behaviour management skills
Think this is the job for you?
If you are interested in this role, please contact Fatima at Magisters Education on 07721557642 or simply click apply!
- East London
- Magisters Education