School Support Worker
Magisters Education have recently partnered with a special school academy in Chadwell Heath. They are looking to appoint a School Support Worker to work on a full time basis to start asap. At Magisters Education we are passionate about all things education and understand the importance of working closely with our candidates and schools to ensure both receive the personal and efficient service they deserve.
About the school
- Large number of teaching and support staff skilled in working with a range of SEN pupils with complex and profound needs.
- Caters for pupils between 2-11 years of age, providing a full range of highly differentiated and personalised classroom activities.
- The school has an extensive range of teaching resources and specialist facilities.
- Small class groups with one teacher and a minimum of 3 Learning Support Assistants per class.
- Work closely with professionals: therapists and specialist peripatetic teachers to create personalised learning.
About the role
- School Support Worker role will be full-time Monday-Friday, 8.30am-3.30pm.
- Supporting teaching staff and working 1:1 to assist pupils to access the curriculum and participate fully in school activities.
- Provide support for pupils with challenging behaviour, taking account of support plans and risk assessments under supervision of class teacher.
- Participate in planning and evaluation of classroom activities with teacher and provide ongoing feedback to teacher on pupil progress.
- Support pupils in their social development and emotional well-being.
- Experience working with PMLD and/or ASD/SLD desired.
- Understand how to work with pupils and build positive relationships with various pupils quickly and efficiently
- Love of education and the desire to make a positive impact on the lives of others
- Good with managing personal care
- Confident, proactive and enthusiastic person
- Good behaviour management skills
Think this is the job for you?
If you are interested in this role, please contact Fatima at Magisters Education on 07721557642 or simply click apply
- East London
- Magisters Education