Pastoral Support Assistant
Magisters Education have recently partnered with a primary school in Barking and Dagenham. They are looking to appoint a Pastoral Support Assistant to work on a full time basis to start asap. At Magisters Education we are passionate about all things education and understand the importance of working closely with our candidates and schools to ensure both receive the personal and efficient service they deserve.
About the role
- Pastoral Support Assistant role will be full-time Monday-Friday, 8.30am-3.30pm.
- Supporting teaching staff and working 1:1 to assist pupils to access the curriculum and participate fully in school activities.
- Supporting in the child's social and emotional wellbeing.
- Providing 1:1 support with SEMH across KS1 and KS2.
- Provide support for pupil with challenging behaviour, taking account of support plans and risk assessments under supervision of class teacher.
- Participate in planning and evaluation of classroom activities with teacher and provide ongoing feedback to teacher on pupil progress.
- Support pupils in their social development and emotional well-being.
- Experience working with SEMH- desirable.
- Nurturing and compassionate
- Understand how to work with pupils and build positive relationships with various pupils quickly and efficiently
- Love of education and the desire to make a positive impact on the lives of others
- Confident, proactive and enthusiastic person
- Good behaviour management skills
Think this is the job for you?
If you are interested in this role, please contact Fatima at Magisters Education on 07721557642 or simply click apply
- East London
- Magisters Education