- Salary £70.00 - £90.00
- Location Waltham Forest, London
- Type Temporary
Magisters Education have partnered with a School in Waltham Forest. They are seeking to appoint a School Librarian to start ASAP
'The best school I've ever worked at: the culture, the staff and students, the training, everything!' (staff member)
'I was amazed at what a great atmosphere the school exuded, how well turned out the children were and how polite and bright they all seemed' (visitor)
The School has been described as a fantastic place to work. Their students' progress is consistently excellent, and they have fantastic CPD which means that over the last few years they have been national debating champions, enjoyed a host of sporting successes and won both the Incorporated Society of Musicians Gold Award and the Hackney Mayor's award for music.
Why work there?
* Excellent student behaviour and highly supportive Senior Leadership Team.
* An Achievement-oriented culture where students work hard and it is cool to be smart.
* A warm/strict approach, meaning that our high standards do not come at the expense of inclusion.
* The belief that teaching must be a sustainable profession: clear systems and structures, sensible approach to feedback and no 'late night culture'.
* We are seeking to appoint a Librarian who is totally aligned to our values of Hard Work, Integrity and Kindness, and completely committed to our mission: to ensure that every student will succeed at a good university or equivalent, thrive in their chosen field and live a great life.
About you and the role as a School Librarian
The successful candidate will:
* Manage the day to day operations of the Academy's library.
* Promote the library's core services and lead in creating a whole-school environment which fosters a love for reading and encourages reading for pleasure.
* Support the quality of teaching and learning across the Academy by ensuring the library supports the academic development of students through various avenues.
* Work with staff members to ensure the library provides appropriate resources to support Independent Learning and other research activities.
Apply to this job
Apply to this job