Magisters Education have recently partnered with a Nursery in Pinner. They are looking to appoint a Nursery Manager.
We have a excellent opportunity to join a newly established Montessori nursery in Pinner. We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Nursery Manager to join our team. As this is a new nursery it will be a good opportunity to develop your entrepreneurial skills and build, lead, mentor and inspire a team of up to 20 practitioners. Your innovative ideas and initiatives will be highly valued and will be an integral part of your role.
Currently the Director of the nursery is playing the Nursery Manager role and she would like to hire someone initially as to hand over manager responsibilities to the newly hired Nursery Manager and focus on expanding business further by opening and setting up the new branch of the nursery.
You will be offered a starting salary of £32,000 with a potential of up to £40,000 with bonus, which is dependent on occupancy targets, Ofsted rating as well as your performance.
Responsibilities and Duties (included but not limited to)
- As a Manager you are fully accountable for the day to day running and performance of the nursery. You are accountable for the delivery of the nursery's financial operating plan and EBITDA contribution.
- Market and sell the nursery and be the main point of contact at the beginning or end of each day.
- Work with management to set achievable goals, Develop strategies and plans to achieve them and drive their implementation across the setting.
- Work alongside management to mentor, train and coach staff in a number of areas, including health and safety, risk assessment, observations, planning, leadership, sales and marketing.
- Ensure the smooth running of the nursery and completing administrative tasks on time and to a high standard.
- Always ensure that staff rotas and ratios are managed efficiently
- Be responsible for regular supervisions, training and appraisals of the staff.
- Ensuring health, safety and wellbeing of the children at all times.
- Ensuring the teams keep the nursery ordered, clean and presentable at all times.
- Work alongside management/directors to help develop and regularly update policy and maintain an in-depth understanding of national and local statutory and non-statutory frameworks within which the nursery operates
- Working in partnership with parents and forming secure positive relationships with the children and colleagues and being able to manage complaints/concerns in an efficient timely manner.
- Liaising with external agencies like Local authority, SENCO, consultants, facilitators.
- Ensure SEN/ASL needs are identified early and are met with respect, care and professionalism.
- Responsibility to make referrals to external agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Work along with the management in the recruitment process and hiring of staff.
- Conduct staff induction and regularly update the induction process.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead to promote the health, safety and welfare of children and employees and families in line with child protection.
- Carry out any ad hoc duties as needed, in extreme cases, provide cover for nursery staff if they are absent at short notice.
Qualifications and Skills
- NVQ 3, NNEB, Cache Level 3 or equivalent qualification
- Montessori knowledge and experience will be preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- An extensive knowledge of the current EYFS and Ofsted standards and procedures.
- Passion to deliver high quality childcare and exciting learning opportunities.
- Brilliant organisational skills and attention to detail.
- A positive team leader with an inspirational and innovative approach.
- A competitive salary with a Performance Related Bonus that reflects your expertise and ability + Ofsted Outstanding Bonus.
- Additional bonus based on Occupancy targets of the setting.
- Specifically devised training programme which is over and above Ofsted training requirements.
- One additional holiday for every full year of service.
- Be involved in the sales process.
- Onsite parking
- An excellent working environment where your innovative ideas will be encouraged.
Please get in contact with Spencer at Magisters Education if you are interested in hearing more